Who does not like to get easy money? No one in the world would refuse such an opportunity in case he or she gets the same. This is the reason why people dabble in lotteries and gambling events where one can become rich overnight. One of the most popular lottery games is the “Lotto.” In Australia, the Oz Powerball is a kind of a lotto game. This is a game of pure luck where you have to pick out seven numbers and hope that it matches with the winning combinations. The Oz Powerball Results statistics over the years show that the odds of winning a Division 1 prize would be 1 in 76,767,600. However, there are eight different divisions. The chance of winning any one division in a single game is around 1 in 110. You can play this game in many ways. The odds on winning any division improve to 1 in 10 when you play 12 games. We shall see the rules of the game through the following paragraphs.
The game concepts:
Modeled on the American lottery system, this game has become very popular in Australia since 1996 when they introduced this game for the first time. The tagline of the game, “One ball could change it all” says it all. We have seen the odds of winning in this game in the previous paragraph.
The rules of the game:
There are two barrels to start with. There would be forty balls in the first barrel numbering 1 to 40. The second barrel would contain twenty balls with numbering 1 to 20. In one game, a player can select any six balls from the first barrel and one ball (the Powerball) from the second one. This is a weekly game with the entries closing at 7 pm on Thursdays. The Oz Powerball draw would be at 8.30 pm on the same evening.
The Oz Powerball winners would get an email about their winnings.
How do you win the game?
There are eight divisions carrying different amounts as the winnings depending on the matching of the numbers in the following fashion.
- In case every number, i.e. the 6 main winning numbers and the Powerball number, matches, not necessarily in the same order, you win the Division 1.
- To win Division 2, your six main winning numbers should match. You can go wrong with the Powerball number.
- If five of your main winning numbers and the Powerball number match with the official lottery results, you win Division 3.
- Winning Division 4 entails you to match any five balls from the first barrel.
- Any four numbers from the first barrel and the correct Powerball number can land you the Division 5 winnings.
- Similarly, to win Division 6, your choice should match at least three balls from the first barrel and the Powerball number as well.
- Matching four numbers from the first barrel alone will win you Division 7.
- The least winnings are for the Division 2 where you have to match at least two winning numbers and the Powerball as well.
The Division 1 prize can amount to Australian $ 3 million whereas a jackpot could net you a prize of Australian $ 80 million.
This does make it a game of chance. Hence, there have been many Powerball lottery scams as well. One should be a bit careful while choosing the genuine Oz Powerball lottery.